Chinese Herbal Remedies
Your Natural Health Solution
Chinese herbal remedies, also called prepared Chinese herbal medicines or ready-made Chinese herbal medicines, have been a popular and convenient form of health care for hundreds of years in China.
Over the past few decades they have become popular in the West. These natural remedies treat many acute and chronic health problems including:
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression
- Cough, Colds, Asthma, Flu
- Constipation, Diarrhea
- Skin problems
- Poor digestion
- Lack of energy, Bad sleep
- Menstrual disorders
- Sports injuries
- Children's disorders
- Headache, Migraine
- Prevention of ill health and disease, and more.
Prepared Chinese herbal medicines in pill, tablet and granule form are the modern version of the traditional way of boiling herbs into a "tea". Prepared herbal medicines are made from all natural ingredients and are manufactured using modern technology. Many remedies are based on classic Chinese herbal formulas - formulas that have been in constant use in China for over 200 years, and some for over 1000 years.
When prescribed by a qualified herbalist, ready-made Chinese herbal medicines are highly effective natural remedies. In Western countries many people take them as an alternative to conventional Western medicines, or as a complementary therapy to minimize the harsh side-effects, and reduce the required dosage, of Western medicines.
Hundreds of the most famous and effective Chinese remedies are listed with Western government health regulators, such as Australia's Therapeutic Goods Administration. This means these remedies have been tested for safety and purity, and the factories that make them follow Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) procedures and are inspected regularly to ensure GMP compliance.
While this site is primarily a guide to Chinese herbal remedies, there are many Chinese home remedies you can make yourself and try for common, everyday ailments. They are quick and easy to prepare and there are no exotic or hard to get ingredients - everything is available at your local fruit and vegetable market or health food shop.
If you have any questions about Chinese remedies, herbal or home remedies, let me know - I'll be happy to help.
To your health,
Australian, former Chinese medicine practitioner,
Graduate Australian College of Natural Medicine 1990,
10 years professional experience and 22 years personal
experience with Chinese medicine,
Living in China since 2000.
- Old Home Remedies
- There are many old home remedies from China using common fruits, vegetables, green tea, vinegar, garlic and ginger. You can make these simple, effective Chinese home remedies too.
- Signs of Liver Problems
- What are the signs of liver problems in Chinese medicine? Do you have any of these symptoms of liver problems? What is a healthy liver diet? Find out.
- Guide to Herbal Remedies and Common FAQ
- This guide to herbal remedies explains the advantages and benefits of herbal medicine, the side effects of herbal medicine and more.
- Digestive System Diseases and Disorders
- Chinese herbal medicine treats digestive system diseases and disorders naturally and safely. Treatment includes diet and lifestyle advice to enhance herbal therapy. Chinese herbal medicine has been
- Mental and Emotional Problems
- Mental and emotional problems like depression, anxiety, panic attacks and obsessive compulsive disorder are effectively treated with Chinese herbal medicine.
- Herbal Pain Relief
- Chinese herbal pain relief formulas, liniments and patches provide safe, natural pain relief. Each herbal pain remedy has been proven over 200+ years in China on literally millions of people.
- Treating Respiratory System Diseases and Disorders with Chinese Herbal Remedies
- Treatment of respiratory system diseases and disorders with Chinese herbal medicine is safe, effective and natural.
- Herbal Skin Remedies
- Chinese herbal skin remedies - a proven, safe, natural solution for acne, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, rashes and other skin problems.
- Articles on Health and Wellness
- Practical, interesting articles on health and wellness. Includes home health care articles, articles on food, diet, herbal remedies, home remedies.
- Contact Matthew Scott
- Here's how you can get in touch with Matthew Scott.
- Chinese Herbal Remedies: About this Site
- This Chinese herbal remedies site was founded by Matthew Scott, former professional Chinese medicine practitioner from Australia.
- Disclaimer & Copyright Notice
- Chinese-herbal-remedies.com medical disclaimer & copyright notice.